Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Day 12: Wed. Aug 29. Travel Home.

Right now I am sitting on the airplane writing my last post… for this vacation.  We got up early to catch the car I arranged to the airport at 7:45 am.  We are on American Airlines Flight 111 from Rome to Chicago.  We took one of the oldest plane types on our flight out of New York, and now we take the newest, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Chicago.  It is a 10.5 hour long, long flight.  Luckily, when I checked us in yesterday it asked if we wanted a cash upgrade to business class and we splurged.  It is making this return flight much, much more pleasant.  A little bumpy, but at least enough room for my lanky body.

As I look back on the trip, I am more than anything happy that all went smoothly and safely.  It was a successful first trip to Europe for Kory and though it was a crash course intense tour, we saw tons of amazing sights.

If I were to pick a few of my favorite things out from the trip it would be too hard, so here are memorable things that pop into my mind…  Eze in France.  Sagrada Familia and walking the passion tower in Barcelona.  La Pedrera house in Barcelona.  The enormity of things in Rome (Colosseum, Fountains, St. Peters.)  The beauty of Florence.  Seeing David.  Eating Encemidas in Mallorca.  Eating a Spanish lunch with our tour guide in Barcelona.  Eating a nice dinner in Rome.  Eating pizza at the restaurant in Florence.  Eating almost everywhere on the cruise ship (steak, churrascaria, french bistro.)  The thermal suite on the ship.  The 80’s dance party on the ship.  The amazing service on the ship.  Getting to go to New York to start our trip and seeing four shows and hanging with Kory’s fam.  Getting to fly on big planes.

I guess what I am saying is that I am easy to please… I like almost everything.  This will be the start of many, many international adventures for Kory and me.  I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to take amazing trips like this and have an amazing person to travel with.

That’s all for now.  Thanks for reading.

Next up for me:  Family trip with 16 Wilsons to Florida October 18th.  Doing a three night Disney Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment